Exploring purposeful leadership
Date(s) - 27th May 2021
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
The London HR Connection is delighted to welcome some genuine thought leaders and senior HR professionals to this interactive webinar looking at the highly topical issue of purposeful leadership.
Purpose has been a hot topic within businesses, large and small, for some time now. While some have embraced the idea of balancing purpose with profit, many have struggled to convert purpose statements into meaningful strategies.
A purpose is a compelling reason for existence – nothing more, nothing less. As a Deloitte report put it, “Organisations today are judged for more than their success as a business – they’re now being held responsible for their impact on society at large.” And the Covid-19 pandemic has only served to highlight the importance of business playing a genuinely useful role, for customers, for employees and for society.
But the transition to purpose isn’t easy. ‘Purpose action gaps’ – between a stated purpose and the reality – are all too common. Having an organisational purpose is one thing but making it a day to day reality is another – and that is a challenge for leaders at all levels.
The session will be led by Jan Levy and Michael Hilton from Three Hands, a social business that develops leaders through meaningful, immersive connections with non-profit organisations and societal issues. They will be joined by Paul Iredale, Group Head of Talent & Leadership at William Hill and Sharon Clews, Leadership development and transformational coach, leading discussions that will:
- Talk through examples of leaders we regard as ‘purpose exemplars’, explaining features of their leadership and what it means for their organisations
- Describe a new set of skills, behaviours and values that are needed for 21st century leadership, comparing them to ‘classic’ leadership skills
- Discuss the challenge of bridging the gap between leaders’ personal values and their organisations’ stated values
- Explain the value of businesses and their leaders engaging in societal issues in order to develop their leadership skills and to gain understanding about the world around them, providing essential context for their organisation’s place in society
- Facilitate peer-led discussions about purpose and purposeful leadership in your business allowing you to exchange insights and ideas with your peers and prompting reflection on where your business and its leaders are on ‘leading with purpose’
Cost: free of charge
Timings: 4.30pm – 6.00pm including Q & A
A zoom link will be sent out via email one day before the webinar and a reminder one hour before the webinar.
Please check your junk mail if the zoom link doesn’t land with you as scheduled.