There are many benefits to joining LHRC including:
- A regular series of monthly evening events throughout the year
- Stimulating HR and business related events designed to reflect current HR issues and best practice
- Expert speakers sourced from leading HR practitioners, academics and key service providers to the industry
- Interactive learning as debate and sharing of knowledge is encouraged
- Excellent networking opportunities with like-minded people
- Membership includes attendance at all events and refreshments
- Events are held at locations within Central London
- Continuous Professional Development Certificates issued at each event upon request
- Members are regularly provided with free literature at events that include research and survey results
All of these benefits represents a superb service.
Members and Guests
We have hundreds of offline members and around 2500 members of our active LinkedIn Group and regularly attract between 75-100 people to each of our monthly events.
Our members and guests are HR professionals on all levels working in the private, public and voluntary sectors. However, we also welcome sole traders and those working in many allied sectors of the HR industry.
Recent events have attracted senior HR professionals from a wide and diverse range of organisations that includes the likes of: General Motors, Nuffield Heath; Ladbrokes Coral; Warwick University; The British Museum, Santander; HSBC; Lloyds, Parkinsons UK; Rolls Royce; Walt Disney; Aviva, Boots; and GSK
I just wanted to reach out and say a big thank you to you and the team. I must admit it was perhaps one of the most enjoyable networking events I have been to for a while - both on a personal and professional level. Time and energy is finite and choosing groups that make sense and support keeping oneself professionally relevant is key. You guys certainly achieved that for me.
Deputy Head of HR: Engagement - The British Museum
At the British Museum we’ve been corporate members of the LHRC since 2006. The forum is a fantastic way of keeping up to date with the latest issues and developments in the field, but also of making those connections that might not always be so easy to come by within our own sector.
An executive coach
Events and networking can sometimes seem like too much effort. The LHRC is different and is well worth the investment in time and effort. A great chance to learn, meet kindred spirits and laugh too.
Orchestral Conductor, Jazz Musician, Founder & CEO of Music & Management Ltd.
It was a privilege to be invited to address the London HR Connection. Clearly an amazing organisation representing the very best people development professionals. My speech about music as a metaphor for leadership, collaboration and innovation within business resonated with the audience. This was reflected in the questions and comments afterwards, as well as being asked to work with several of the companies represented.
Business Psychologist - Art of Reinvention
The LHRC is a dynamic forum in which I’ve met some very interesting people, been introduced to a number of potential business contacts, attended thought-provoking and educational debates. I commend the group to any HR practitioners and suppliers who want to expand their professional network.
Director – Head of Employee Screening The Risk Advisory Group plc
My colleagues and I have attended many events over the years We’ve found them to be topical, focused and very informative Excellent networking with industry professionals.
How much does it cost? – HR Professionals & Service Suppliers
Please be aware that we have a strict quota regarding HR professionals v service supplier members, and suppliers may have to ‘go on a wait list’ or have their membership request refused in order to keep to that quota.
If you are a service supplier and wish to discuss this in more detail before requesting to join then please call our membership manager on 07952 125 924
Regular email updates will provide details on forthcoming events.
For larger organisations that would like to have more attendees at our events, we would be happy to discuss your specific requirements. Contact our membership manager on email@example.com
- Single event: £35 + vat per person per individual event
- Includes refreshments and all materials. If after attending the event you would like to join as a member please contact the membership manager (details below).
- Individual annual membership £125 + VAT per person for one calendar year – (10 events in total). Includes attendance at all events, refreshments and all materials. Individual membership is not transferable.
- Individual membership: £85 + VAT per person for any six events in one calendar year Includes attendance at your 6 selected events, refreshments and all materials. (not transferable amongst individuals)
- Corporate membership: £300 + VAT for annual corporate membership – a flexible option allowing any two attendees from one organisation to attend all events during one year. (10 events)
- Super Corporate membership: £600 + VAT for annual corporate membership – a flexible option allowing any four attendees from one organisation to attend all events during one year. (10 events)
- Guest bookings: All £35 + VAT per person
Tips on Networking
Prepare some conversation lines if you’re worried about ‘sticky silences’. Try offering two topic choices, e.g. ‘do you know many people here or are you a newcomer like me?’
Think about your posture, levels of eye contact, facial expressions and your handshake. These all influence peoples’ perception of you and give off signals as to how confident and engaged you are.
As soon as you leave, begin thinking about how you’ll follow-up new contacts. Take a few notes on who you met, and ensure you follow up within three days of the event.